In May of 2011, Travel Resorts of America purchased Wally World Camping Resort, renaming the resort to Wally World Riverside Resort, keeping with the campground name’s origin and riverside location. The campground is named for the Walhonding Railroad, which was nick-named Wally Railroad. In the early 1900’s the railroad was a 43 mile stretch that ran between Loudonville and Coshocton, Ohio. Its original purpose was coal transportation but in its later years it was utilized much more as a passenger rail and was known as the “most beautiful train ride in Ohio.”
Later, when the Muskingum Watershed Conservatory District was formed, several flood-control dams were built in the region as part of a master plan. However, in building the Mohican Dam, the Wally rail line was essentially split in half making it useless for rail use. So the former railroad was converted to a road, becoming Wally Road, which then and still now, runs adjacent to the Mohican River. The addition of World to Wally came into play, as you might have guessed, after the movie National Lampoon’s Vacation, starring Chevy Chase, came out in the 1980’s and Riverside was added by Travel Resorts of America to express your ability to camp on the riverbanks of the Mohican River while at Wally World Riverside Resort.
As for the location of our resort, you just can’t get any better. Wally World is located on 26 acres of riverfront property and when you drive down the 5 mile stretch on Wally Road through the forest and travel next to the Mohican River to get to the resort, you’ll see and understand why this area is a huge playground for big kids like us, as well as young kids too! The area is called “Ohio’s Largest Outdoor Complex” and is a great place to visit. There is so much to do and see in the area: canoeing, boating, fishing, hiking, zip lining, mini-golf, go-carts and so much more.
Some of the many premier amenities and features include:
- More than 250 Camp Sites
- 24-hr Gated Security
- Located directly on the Mohican River
- Swimming Pool
- Hot tub
- General Store
- Air Conditioned Bath House
- Laundry Facilities
- Game Room
- Nature Trails
- Playground & Ball Courts
- Mini Golf
- Planned Activities
- 50 amp service available
- Open Year Round
- Centralized Reservations
- Late Check In & Check Out Available
Wally World Riverside Resort is located at:
16121 CR 23
Loudonville, Ohio 44842
From Columbus Area:
1. Use I-71 North toward Cleveland.
2. Take the OH-97 LEXINGTON/BELLVILLE exit, EXIT 165,
3. TURN RIGHT OFF THE EXIT RAMP TO GO EAST toward BELLVILLE.
4. Follow OH-97 EAST, thru Bellville and Butler, 18 miles to OH-3.
5. Turn LEFT on OH-3 and go 1.3 miles.
6. TURN RIGHT ONTO COUNTY ROAD 3175/WALLY ROAD
7. Resort is 4.2 miles on the left.
1. Take the OH-39/Oh-211 exit, EXIT 83, toward SUGARCREEK.
2. Go WEST 43 miles on OH-39 to Loudonville (Through Berlin & Millersburg).
3. Turn LEFT onto OH-3/S MARKET ST. and Go 1.3 Miles
4. Turn LEFT onto COUNTY ROAD 3175/WALLY ROAD
5. Resort is 4.2 miles on the left.
1. Use I-71 South toward Columbus.
2. TAKE THE US-250 EXIT TOWARD ASHLAND/WOOSTER. EXIT 186.
3. TURN LEFT ONTO US-250 WEST.
4. Drive 1.5 MILES. TURN LEFT ONTO US-42 SOUTH.
5. Drive 1.4 MILES. TURN LEFT TOWARD OH-511.
6. Drive 177 FEET. TURN LEFT ONTO OH-511.
7. Drive 175 FEET. TURN RIGHT ONTO OH-60 SOUTH.
8. Drive 15.9 MILES TO LOUDONVILLE.
9. Turn RIGHT AT THE SECOND STOPLIGHT onto E MAIN ST/OH-3/OH-39.
10. TURN LEFT AT THE NEXT LIGHT onto OH-3/S MARKET ST.
11. Drive 1.3 miles on OH-3.
12. TURN LEFT ONTO COUNTY ROAD 3175/WALLY ROAD
13. Resort is 4.2 miles on the left.
SEE OUR RESORT MAP (Click image for a larger version.)
SCHEDULE OF 2016 ACTIVITIES (Click image for a larger version.)